Voting
Voting

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Home Sweet Home!

Our team made it safely to Freetown! I have to say, this trip was less eventful than our first. I never ran in the airport once! I kept bracing myself for the “RUN TO OUR GATE” or “It’s time to rebook our flights we’ve been delayed and we wont make it to Africa today.” But all 20 of us safely made our way to Chicago, on to Brussels and then to Freetown!

I left Nashville with quite a heavy heart. Half of my mind has been on this incredible trip ahead of us and the other half struggling to let go of the things back at home I have facing me. But, I was not even through security in Nashville when I began crying and was able to begin to shed home and focus solely on what God has awaiting our team. And the second I stepped foot off the plane and saw the “Freetown Airport” sign and smelled that lovely smell that says “you’re in Sierra Leone” the excitement hit me that tomorrow I’ll be bombarded by a massive amount of children waiting for nothing but love! And I cannot wait to give it to them!

Oh…and I have a boyfriend in Belgium. He works in security. He checked my bag and, as he tragically confiscated my Nutella, he told me I must be an angel and asked if I would like to sit with him on my layover and eat the Nutella with some bread…or perhaps just a spoon? Hah! I politely declined. Dear Men in America, I’d have a boyfriend a lot faster if I lived abroad. Haha. J

Tomorrow we hit the ground running! We’ll be going to Kroo Bay in the morning to feed 5000 children! Just the thought of this amazes my mind! We’ll be bringing through 2500 children who will get two meals and will be taking one back to another child at their home. The Raining Season will be documenting who gets the meals and another Feeding Program will happen again in February.

Our team is staying at the guesthouse The Raining Season now runs. Comfy chairs and couches, an amazing cook, bunk beds…it’s so cool to see so much growth in just six months! But as is life in Sierra Leone…the electricity went out about an hour ago and although I showered I’m already covered in sweat J I have to say, though, despite the humidity, lack of air and conveniences we hold tightly too back home…I couldn’t be happier.

Completely exhausted and so glad to be in a bed! Thanks for all your prayers! Our journey begins tomorrow! Woo!

Peace and Love,
Dancing Through Life,
Regina

No comments:

Post a Comment