Voting
Voting

Sunday, June 20, 2010

WHAT just happened??

Text Message Conversation between Bethany and Regina:
R: I've been crying all morning and dancing around for joy. Just landed in Chicago!! See you soon, friend!
B: They are having problems with our plane and we have not yet left. I'm freaking out. We are going to be cutting it close to make it to Chicago on time.
R: You're gonna be fine. Take a breath. God brough you this far and you're going to make it!
B: Let's hope! Tina is freaking...this is scary!
R: I am too a little bit now. Haha. But faith. Totes gonna be okay!
B: I think I'm gonna puke. There is no way our bags will make it. Even if we leave now we have 20 min to make the flight.
R: My whole body is shaking. I just ate cheap chinese food and it may come up in a moment...hah.
B: Do whatever you can to hold the flight. I don't know if you can do that.

(50 minutes later after what should have been an 1 1/2 hour flight)

B: Landing...come to gate H15.
R: Got it. I'm rebooking us for the same flights as yall. Our bags have been transferred to the London flight. I'm getting our flight confirmation numbers now. Where you at?
B: Sitting against the wall at Nuts and Clark.

(Finally met one another in person...not awkward at all...) (While running through the airport to catch our flight...)
B: Hi, nice to meet you!
R: Okay, LET'S GO!
Tina: RUN!

(5 minutes later)
B: You got it, Grandma! I need my inhaler!
R: KEVIN!

(Fast Forward through our flight to London!...book it off this flight to catch our plane to Brussels)

(Repeat)
R: Now, I need my inhaler!
B: KEVIN!

Mean Flight Attendant in London: Mam there are no flights until Sunday.
US: OH. FOR. THE. LOVE! THIS CAN NOT BE HAPPENING! I WANT TO BE IN AFRICA! THIS SUCKS! YOU GOTTA BE FREAKING KIDDING ME! I NEED MY INHALER STILL!

Next two days: Toured London.
(Strolling by Buckingham Palace)
B: This is nice and all...but I'd rather be in Africa.
B: Save me from these creepy European men.
R: Let's make fun of the London guards.

(Reprimanded severely.)

(In Harrods Department Store)
R: Oh Look! We can go shopping! 50% off today only!
B: Oh for the love! This bag is $400!
R: How many orphans can we save with that? I feel bad being in this store when we should be in Africa!
B: I'm freezing and...I feel outplace in this store in these Africa clothes! Let's go look at the jeans!
R: Oh, only $600...so much better.

(Fast Forward to Sunday morning on the tram having heart attacks that we aren't going to make this flight...PLEASE MIND THE GAP!)
B: I have to pee.
R: Bethany, when don't you have to pee!
B: I need to teach you the Hoedown Throwdown when we get to the airport!
R: MAYBE...everyone will join in with us and the whole airport will dance with us!
B: .......Maybe........

(Many different nationalities observed us American's dance the Hoedown Throwdown in a coffee shop in the London Airport)

(Finally Boarding the Flight...with such jovial flight attendants....not!)
R: I've never been more excited to be getting on a flight!
B: I'm gonna cry!
R: I need my inhaler!
B: Me too! Let's do it together! PUFF on the count of three!

(Many Sierra Leonians staring)

Flight Attendants: Prepare for landing in Sierra Leone!
B: JAZZ HANDS!
R: TIGHT ARMS! WOOHOO!!


We're definitely not in Kansas anymore! Everything from the airport, the helicopter, the drive to our hotel...our actual hotel...is straight out of a movie! It's unreal! But, we could not have been happier to finally land in Sierra Leone. The suspense definitely made it all the sweeter! Everyone is safe, healthy and ready for a week of surprises from the Lord! We're going to The Covering to see the kids tomorrow! Thank you for your continued prayers! We'll report later! Until Next Time...
Dancing Through Life,
Bethany and Regina





3 comments:

  1. love it......but, i must have missed something. who is kevin? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want Kevin to be the inhaler! This post made me laugh so hard that the brownie I was eating nearly came out my nose...that's not normal, is it? P.S. You two may actually be the same person, it's a little unnerving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, we were referencing Home Alone as we were running through the airport! :-)

    ReplyDelete