Voting
Voting

Monday, June 7, 2010

WOW!

As today wraps up it is officially 9 days until our team heads to Sierra Leone! Its so amazing to think that in just a little over a week i will be laughing and playing with the precious children who live at the covering, and experience a life changing week. Last night was the sorting of ALLL the baby dolls and soccer balls that Firefleyes has collected in the last months. The children of Sierra Leone have been blessed with the generosity from people in Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, South Dakota, and even donations from all over the country. Its been a really humbling experience for me to meet people in the process of Firefleyes who would reach out to a total stranger and help me put a smile on a child's face. Meeting people who get more joy out of their life by helping others than by helping themselves is an amazing feeling. This overwhelming amount of donations in just a few months proves to me that anything is possible..... People inspire me to keep Firefleyes going and make it bigger and bigger with each new project we take on. I'm looking forward to write back to everyone while in Sierra Leone. Please check my blog each day and see what our team has been up to. Your prayers are appreciated!!!

So here it is..... 418 baby dolls and stuffed animals and over 100 soccer balls!!!! Still looking for more soccer balls so if you would like to donate a ball please let me know! THANK YOU everyone! You inspire me..... God is good.







No comments:

Post a Comment